Welcome to Preschool!
- Meets on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 8:30-11:30am
- Our PK3 program provides a safe, nurturing, fun environment where your child can be introduced into an academic setting. Students are introduced to early childhood readiness skills.
- Small group activities will be used to help develop social skills such as friendship, cooperation, sharing, and fine motor skills such as cutting and pasting.
- Large group activities will be used to help develop large motor skills.
- Learning centers will be used to help children develop skills at a pace at which they are developmentally ready. Numbers, letters, colors, shapes, handwriting, and explorations of science topics will be introduced at these centers.
- Bible truths that emphasize God's love will be taught during Bible time. Students will learn weekly memory verses to reinforce these important truths.
- Technology is also integrated into the classroom with the use of SMARTboard technology and iPad minis.
- PK3 students will also participate in music class and library time.
- PK3 students will participate in both the Christmas musical and the Spring Concert.
- AM Class meets on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings 8:30-11:30am
- PM Class meets on Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoon 12:30-3:20pm
- Our PK4 program readies children to be able to function in a classroom setting. Students will learn social skill such as following directions. and how to play and share with others, in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Academic skills such as letter recognition, letter sounds, handwriting, scissor skills, number recognition, counting, are taught via fun and engaging games, songs, poems, and stories.
- Bible truths are taught and accompanied by weekly memory verses.
- PK4 students will participate in field trips throughout the year.
- In addition to classroom time, students will participate in library, music, and physical education.
- PK4 students will participate in the Christmas program and the spring concert.
ALC- Academy Learning Center
- Our Academy Learning Center (ALC) provides working families with a convenient child care option for before and/or after school hours. The ALC is available before and afterschool care for any families enrolled in Medina Christian Academy.
- To assist working families, the ALC is open from 6:30am-6:00pm Monday-Friday on any day that school is in session. Please refer to the MCA school calendar for any days that may differ due to early release. PLEASE NOTE: If Medina Christian Academy is closed due to inclement weather, the ALC will also be closed.
- The cost to attend the ALC is $6.00 per hour, $20.00 per half day, or $30.00 per day.
- Please email Mrs. Heather Capper (firstname.lastname@example.org) with scheduling information and to check availability.